I’m really proud to present you the doll repaint I’ve been working on for months:
Sally from ‘The Nightmare before Christmas’!
This doll was a lot of work, a lot, really, to do since the base doll was the 17’ Disneystore singing Rapunzel doll, so the first thing I did was to remove her hair and reroot it with dark red nylon hair.
I then started to remold and reshape her face with an electric file and air drying clay.
I removed her ears, chin, jaw, mouth and nose completely so I was able to mold everything new, I also made her face overall rounder and molded her eyes a lot bigger.
The face alone took me over an month to make.
I removed her neck up to the shoulders and made a lot longer, thinner neck using an electric file and air-drying clay.
Her chest was also remolded and reshaped, the battery case was stuffed with cardboard, then with air drying clay.
With an electric file I removed the ON/OFF switch and the molded heart on her back and
stuffed the speakers just at the surface with… air drying clay.
I removed her original hands, molded her arms to be much longer and gave her the hands of an old MH Abbey doll that I had, and also remolded them slightly.
Feet were also removed, this time I directly molded her shoes not her feet with the help of
very tiny Elsa doll slippers from an Mattel doll set I had, remolded them made them longer and slimmer, filled them and added them to her legs.
The stitches she has are pre-filed, so there are little grooves later.
I 'coated’ the doll with high quality white spray varnish as a base for the blue paint.
I painted her body and face blue completely by hand (using high quality artist acrylic paint) and made sure the paint on the joins, that are still able to move after painting, wouldn’t scratch of.
Everything got sealed with matte Mr.SuperClear.
I repainted her face using high quality artist acrylic paint and used soft pastels for the shading.
The stitches on her face and body got refined using dark blue paints and soft pastels.
Everything got sealed again, her eyes were sealed with glossy varnish that I watered down so it doesn’t shine that much.
I pricked four little holes in each eyelid and inserted little black, plasic-like strings using
tweezers and very small amounts of super glue and trimmed them down.
I also used the plastic like string for the silver colored stitches on her face, I painted it dark-grey and used tweezers and super-glue to add it into the grooves I prepared, one by one.
I used the same method on her body just with real dark-blue string.
Her shoes were painted black and glazed with varnish.I sewed her rags by myself using black and white string (only the black string is visible) and fabric that I painted with acrylic paint.
The dress is not removable.
I also made these little socks around her shoes that I glued on and pulled some strings around them to make them more 'realistic’.I really hope you like her! I tried to make her as close to the original Sally movie puppet as possible using sooo many reference pictures.
I tried to follow the exact stitching pattern the original puppet had, for example, I did the stitches on her body that aren’t even visible.
I payed attention to every detail while making this Sally doll.
This doll was made professionally using high quality materials only.
I paid over 60$ for the material I bought (minus the materials I already had)
If you want to see more pictures of her, please take a look at my Tumblr page:
My passion is to repaint Disney character dolls from different Disney Movies.
Repainting dolls is a talent that takes years of practice and a good eye for details.
I give the dolls a little touch of life with my repaints, because the dolls factory paint mostly hasn't many details. It's like giving a doll a new life, with repainting them, to capture their true look and afterwards, to seal their new faces, to make it last forever.
The results are impressing and I'm always happy with how they turn out.
Feel free to ask me any question about my art